Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Great New Book / Possible Steampunk Elements???

Hey everyone! I know it's not EXACTLY steampunk in nature, but thought I would pass along this exciting book I am currently reading (almost done too!) It's called Dracula in Love by Karen Essex. I know we all know the the Dracula story, but this one is different, told entirely from Mina's point of view. Other than just the social/ sexist opinions of the men of the time, the book also focuses on the philosophy (much is given to the theory of Darwin) and also medical practices of the time. Karen Essex has definately done her research on all of these topics and knows them like the back of her hand. Most interestingly there is a full description of a Water Treatment used in Asylums during the time - I've always thought fact is greater than fiction in most cases - we as Steampunk enthusiasts come up with crazy ideas - but real gadgets and medical equipment were wicked and crazy, possibly even more so than our imaginations!

I've only had the book a few days and couldn't put it down! Just a few more pages to go, please, if you like the dark side of things, check it out: http://ugbclub.go2jump.org/SHg

Also, let me know if anyone has info on more crazy Asylum contraptions??? Miss Essex has peaked my curiosity of all the creepy stuff used to "help" people back then!

Savannah Midnight

7 comments:

  1. That is really impressive, I had heard of this before but never read up on it. I will have to go and see if there is anything I am interested in.burun estetigi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've try the script it runs but the problem is only a maximum of 50 friends that you can invite. Is there another script to invite all of my facebook friend lists? thank you. Hope you can help me. You can email me admin@pinaybeautycelebrity.com thanks..Rinoplasti

      Delete
  2. interesting blog. It would be abounding if you can accommodate added abstracts about it. Acknowledgment you
    Gebelik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blogging is life for me, the besti read to day is the difference between a blog post and an article.
      Kızlık zarı

      Delete
    2. Good that you move on. Good luck on the new one.
      travesti

      Delete
  3. Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you.
    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are correct, this plugin that I need, before this, i have trouble with the standard feature, i think with this plugin we can create for free, thank you
    Septorinoplasti

    ReplyDelete